Viewing entries tagged
After twenty nine years as a shop owner AJ closed the doors of the shop to focus on the two things he does and likes best, bicycle fitting and repair. He is excited to be joining the team at Michael's Bicycles in Newbury Park, CA where he and Michael will build a state of the art fit studio.
He has raced mountain, road and track and was an alternate on the US National team. The cycling life style and cycling community are a major part of AJ's life and he wants you to join the fun and experience the greatest sport on earth.
AJ has been a certified USCF coach, holds fitting certifications from Serotta, SICI, Retul, and F.I.S.T. and has performed thousands of professional fittings on all manner of riders from couch potatoes to pros.
His mechanical background was formed from an early age. Starting with motorcycles as a kid into racing them as a teenager into working his way through college as a motorcycle mechanic. He holds two Associate Degrees one in Machine Tool Technology and the other in Automotive Technology. After school he worked as a manufacturing engineer, machinist and tool and die maker for twelve years. Finally in 1983 his love of cycling over came common sense and he opened a bicycle shop. His shop was high end pro and he sold, designed, had built, assembled and fitted bespoke custom bicycles for years. Now you can tap into this experience and knowledge by visiting Michael's Bicycles for your service or fitting needs.
Some great benefits of introducing cycling at a young age:
- Developing strength, balance, and overall fitness
- Burning up calories
- Strengthening the heart, lungs, and lower-body muscles and bones
- Developing and strengthening the muscles surrounding the knees without impact
The CruX Expert EVO is an all-condition gravel beast, with race-optimized geometry, tapered headtube, internal cable routing, and an outstanding stiffness-to-weight ratio to power through the nastiest terrain. AXIS 4.0 Disc wheels and Shimano Ultegra drivetrain with integrated hydraulic disc brakes complete the uber-tough, gravel shredding machine.
- AXIS 4.0 Disc wheels are tough, race-ready, and perfect for all conditions
- Specialized Trigger Pro, 38c tires for excellent all-terrain traction
- FSA SL-K Light, carbon crankset w/ BB30 for lightweight power transfer
- TRP HY/RD hydraulic disc brakes for effortless braking in even the nastiest conditions
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed rear derailleur is lightweight w/ smooth and crisp shifting
- Body Geometry Toupé Comp Gel saddle w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails for comfort without compromise
- Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon seatpost is engineered for compliance and comfort
The Specialized Crux Expert EVO has an MSRP of $3,700
New in the shop are the 2015 Specialized Enduro Comp 650B. These feature 27.5in Wheels with Roval 650B Rims which are lightweight and durable for smooth handling at speed. It features a SRAM X1 11 speed, PF30 crankset for excellent efficiency and power. Many colors are available and this is a great bike for our local terrain!
The Enduro Comp 650B has a MSRP of $3600, come on down and take a test ride today!